I’d like to tell you a short story. Don’t worry, it has a happy ending. But the ending is, really, only the beginning.
November 2008: I began writing my first novel. I wasn’t sure I could write something that long, but I made it through. That story is rightfully buried in the dark recesses of my hard drive, but I learned so much writing it.
February 2010: I sent my first query for my second novel, a YA UF called The Demons You Know.
2010: I had this conversation with my best friend, an avid reader, many times over:
Her: I’m going to get a kitty and name it Dragon!
Me: Well, I’m going to get a dragon and name it Kitty!
|My AWESOME 2010 pumpkin|
October 2010: then this conversation, while we were carving pumpkins:
Me: Do you know what my comp titles for The Demons You Know would be?
Her: *with gusto* DRAGONS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Me: I don’t think I’ve heard of that one…
Her: I just made it up.
Me: I could write that.
April 2011: I finally gave in to that snarky little voice in my head and started putting Kitty’s story to paper.
October 2013: I sent the first query for Dragons are People, Too
February 2014: I announced I’m represented by Rebecca Podos
Today: I get to announce that I’ve signed a publication contract for Dragons are People, Too with Entangled Publishing!!
This day has been so long coming and there were many days I thought it might never come. There are so many people without whom this could have never happened. I am so thankful for all the agents, editors, and authors who have shared their knowledge with me over the years and welcomed me as a friend. My friends and family who have supported me over the years, despite not completely understanding the craziness I went through sometimes. There are literally so many people I could thank that writing this post would take me all day and I’d still miss some. So, for now, I’ll say thank you. Most of you know who you are. And if you don’t, I’ll make sure to let you know over the next few months. I couldn’t have done it without you.
And since I’m so grateful for everything everyone has so freely given me over the past few years, I wanted to pay it forward! I’m giving away four sets of four books, available to US only. BUT, since so many people who’ve helped me along the way have lived overseas, I’m also doing an international giveaway! Check out the prize packs below and enter to win via the rafflecopter.
Prize Pack 1 (US ONLY)
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry, paperback
- Dare you To by Katie McGarry, paperback
- SIGNED Olivia Twisted by Vivi Barnes, paperback
- SIGNED Ten by Gretchen McNeil, paperback
Prize Pack 2 (US ONLY)
- SIGNED Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs, paperback
- SIGNED Spellcaster by Claudia gray, paperback
- SIGNED The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, hardcover, 1st printing
- Shade by Jeri Smith Ready, hardcover
Prize Pack 3 (US ONLY)
- SIGNED Defiance by C.J. Redwine, paperback
- SIGNED Renegade by J.A. Souders, hardcover
- The Ophelia Prophecy by Sharon Lynn Fisher, paperback
- Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott, ARC paperback
Prize Pack 4 (US ONLY)
- SIGNED Unearthly by Cynthia Hand, paperback
- SIGNED The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson, paperback
- The Shifter by Janice Hardy, paperback (note: copy in picture is hardcover, but giveaway copy will be paperback)
- SIGNED The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong, paperback
Choose any two of the following books and I will send them to you as long as Book Depository ships to your country! (All these are friends and/or people who have helped me along the way!!)
- The Shifter by Janice Hardy
- Vamped by Lucienne Diver
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
- Gated by Amy Christine Parker
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
- Halflings by Heather Burch
- Firelight by Sophie Jordan
- Searching for Beautiful by Nyrae Dawn
- Made of Stars by Kelley York
- Prophecy Girl by Cecily White
- My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
- Katana by Cole Gibsen
- Velveteen by Daniel Marks
- Possession by Elana Johnson
- Death, Dickinson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia by Jenny Torres Sanchez
- Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez
- Tangled Tides by Karen Amanda Hooper
- Gilded by Christina Farley
- Riding the Universe by Gaby Triana
- Shrinking Violet by Danielle Jospeh
- Fair Coin by E.C. Myers
- Cryer’s Cross by Lisa McMann
- The Red Umbrella by Christina Diaz Gonzalez
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar
- The Problem with Crazy by Lauren McKellar
- Conjure by Lea Nolan
- Lux: Beginnings by Jennifer L. Armentrout