I am an Assistant Agent at the Tobias Literary Agency.
Agent bio: Sarah N. Fisk is a former mechanical engineer who made the switch to publishing in 2011. They have worked in the publishing industry as an editorial assistant, author’s assistant, publicist, and art director. Sarah is a former Pitch Wars mentor, board member, and Agent Liaison. They host the podcast Queries, Qualms, & Quirks and have a passion for spreadsheets. Sarah is one of the founding members of Disability in Publishing.
More about my experience: I was a Pitch Wars mentor since 2012 and an intern at Fuse Literary before joining Tobias in 2021. I am a newer agent, and so am closely mentored by the senior agents at my agency. For my first couple of sales, I will work very closely with a senior agent at my agency so you can benefit from having the tenacity of a new agent combined with the knowledge, network, and wisdom of an experienced agent backing us up.
- Young Adult (all fiction genres)
- Middle Grade (all fiction genres)
- Adult Romance
- Adult Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other Speculative Fiction except for hardcore horror
Particular Areas of Interest:
- atmospheric fantasies
- speculative mysteries
- books that challenge societal norms, especially gender norms
- personal interest in stories featuring queer characters
- personal interest in characters with disability, neurodiversity, chronic illness, or mental health challenges
- great or complicated sibling relationships
- small town or midwestern settings
- intriguing villains
- mysteries woven into other genres
- characters I can’t get out of my head
- smart heroines
- Con artists who are not men
For Adult Romance
- Pretty much all subgenres that are traditionally published
- but historical needs to have a high concept, a nice hook, and/or a great voice for me
- I prefer romance books with a medium or high heat level, or a lot of sexual tension
- No pregnancy or baby-based storylines, please
Not for me:
- Hardcore horror
- I am not interested in stories that center around who gets to rule an empire
- Not interested in stories that center around sexual assault or have on-the-page rape scenes
- Any adult genres not listed above
Instructions: If your book sounds like something I would like, please submit via this form. If you’re not sure if your book would be a fit, as long as it fits in the “Basics” section, go ahead and submit!
What honorific (Mr., Ms., etc) do you prefer?
I very highly prefer no honorific. Feel free to address correspondence to me using my first or full name.
Do you take previously self-published books?
It’s not a hard no, but to take on a previously published book it essentially has to be one of the best books I’ve ever read in my life. If you have something new, please submit that instead.
I submitted but made a mistake. What should I do?
Withdraw the submission and resubmit.
Would you be interested in speaking/teaching/taking pitches at conferences and workshops?
I’m very much an extrovert and love speaking, teaching, taking questions, and taking pitches at conferences. Please email me if you would like to invite me to yours.
If you need help filling out the query manager form, or need to submit via email instead, due to a disability, please don’t hesitate to email me.